Top 4 points that are to be kept in mind for both wires and cables.Old and long term used wires and cables should be replaced with the new ones immediately to avoid hazards.
- All the wires and cables must have safety closures.
- The user should be careful while making the choice of wires and cables since each and every wires and cables have a specific application.
- Keep it at a safe distance from children to avoid any harm to the children.
Types of wires and cables.
Wires can be divided into two types:
- Solid wires : These are composed of a single conductor and can further be divided as bare or insulated. These kinds of wires are used for higher frequencies due to their low resistance property.
- Stranded wires : As the name rightly suggests, these wires are the combination of many thin strands of wires intertwined together. These are designed to be perfectly flexible and durable. Also, their cross-sectional area is very high as compared to solid wires
Cables are of over 20 + types. They can broadly be classified as twisted cable, coaxial cable, multi conductor cable and fiber optic cable.
- Twisted Pair Cable : Ever seen a braid? As the term “pair” in the name is self explanatory that they encompass two cables braided together. These cables are generally used for signal transmission from one end to another end. The major applications: Telecommunications.
- Multi-conductor Cables : The name of the cable tells clearly that presence to two or more conductors. These cables are designed to safeguard signal integrity and the major places where this can be used is on instrumentation, communications etc.
- Coaxial Cables : The core consists of a solid conductor surrounded axially with the foil conductor. These are separated by an insulating dielectric. The major application of this cable is TV cables
- Fiber Optics Cables : With excellent bandwidth, these are the cables that are capable of transmitting large amounts of data. Also, these cables have recently gained momentum due to their low interference susceptibility.
Colour Coding for Electrical Wires
In wires and cables also each color has its own significance that simply means each color has a particular function of the wire. India follows the RGB code where R stands for Red, G stands for Green and B stands for Black.
- Red – Red wire indicates the phase in an electric circuit which can be considered as a live wire. It must be kept in mind that a red wire can be connected to only red and black other wires.
- Black – Black wires symbolise neutral wire which is connected to neutral bus bars inside an electric panel. Always remember that black wire must be connected to black wire only.
- Green – Green wire is used for earthing and can be connected to green wire only.
- - Code Colour coding for the cables is done to decipher active, neutral and earthing. There is no specific colour coding designated by NEC. Every country has its own norms and colour coding standards. Yet, one should be mindful of not using green/yellow, green, yellow, light blue or black for active conductors.
Top 5 Tricks for Great Electrical Wiring:
Electrical home wiring can go for a toss if not performed with efficiency.
You can follow these simple #tricks to get the wiring correctly.
- Tried and Tested:
2000+ deaths occur per year in the country due to electrocution. These numbers can easily upset any user. Also, note that in the year 2016 there were over 11,000 electrical accidents in the country and nearly 4,800 of these accidents were fatal.
Hence, We are dedicated to alert the user to always check the wiring and the devices before starting work on them to avoid electric shocks.
Uncoil the cable and straighten it out, Arrange it on the floor to make the handling easier, A neat working is a better working. Avoid working with the tangled wires as they have higher chances of shock circuit.
- Replace and check the amp!
Once a great man said not every antique is precious, sometimes you need to get rid of old stuff for your own safety. Get rid of the old wiring and choose carefully among the plethora of options available including flame resistant, heat resistant etc.
Amp checking is a must for all wiring during both installation and replacement.
- Stay Grounded
Understanding the grounding system is the most important part of the wiring. It helps redirect extra current in case there is a slip or fault. Every individual should follow the wiring diagrams to ensure effortless work is the key.
5.Clamp it and Box it
Accidents can lead to some unchanged damage. Protective enclosures not only protect the wiring and enhance the durability but it can also enable protection to people working on it. I guess it is safe to say, Clamp it or Box it!
Choose Valuecon pvt ltd for best wires and cables.
Valuecon India private limited is authorized distributor for POLYCAB, Finolex and Unistar for wires and cables segment. With the best brands on board, Valuecon to 20 + types of wires and cables to suit the need of the diversified customer base.
You may choose from Industrial wire, Electrical Wires, PVC Copper Cables, Aluminium Cables, Telephone Cables, Fire Survival, House Wire, Single Core Industrial, Multi – core Industrial, MV power cable, Solar DC, Auto Cables, Welding Cables, Submersible Flat Cables and much more.
Hurry Up and shop!!